Bricks & Mortar Real Estate Agency wants to help you buy or sell your home quickly and for a price that benefits you. Buying your first home is an exciting time, but it can also be stressful if you don’t understand the process. You can have confidence when you have our knowledgeable agents by your side helping you along the way when looking for St Clair property for sale.
Considerations Before Looking for Homes to Buy
The minute you decide you want to buy a home, it’s time to do your research and start thinking about what you want. Some questions you may want to consider include:
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms are needed?
- What size yard do we want?
- What kitchen features match our cooking habits?
- Do we want to entertain friends?
- Will we utilise a deck or patio?
- What type of renovations are we willing to do?
- Do we prefer an urban, suburban, or rural setting?
Of course, this is just a few of the details you want to consider but they will give a place to start to see which houses for sale in St Clair will match your parameters.
Another point of research is to determine how much you can afford to spend on a house. You can become pre-approved for a mortgage which affords you a couple of benefits. Firstly, it will help you determine your budget, and it will also make the process move quicker when you find the house you want. A general rule is the St Clair property for sale should cost about three to five times your annual income, but you should consider other expenses.
Once you have an idea of what type of St Clair real estate you are seeking, and you have an amount you are willing to pay, we will sit down with you and discuss more details. The better we understand what you are looking for, the better we can serve you.
What to Look for When Touring a St Clair Property for Sale
After we have an idea of what you are looking for we can begin touring houses for sale in St Clair. Even though you will probably have the house professionally inspected before buying, you can look for some things yourself. A small checklist includes:
- Current or patched cracks in the walls, ceilings, or foundation
- Water damage and staining
- Water pressure and the time it takes to get the water hot
- Doors and windows that open and close easily.
You also want to look at the neighbourhood for:
- Well-kept houses
- Traffic congestion
- Ample parking for visitors
- Convenience to schools, stores, public transportation, etc.
These are just a few tips when looking at St Clair real estate, and we will be by your side through the process to ensure you will love your new home. Contact Bricks & Mortar Real Estate to talk to an agent about your needs and we can start touring houses for sale in St Clair.